Conference “Lawyers Without Borders Belgium-Lawyers Without Borders Canada: Decades of Fighting for Human Rights”
Lawyers Without Borders Canada and Lawyers Without Borders Belgium celebrate their anniversaries together! Come and listen to the executive directors of both organizations share their respective experiences in human rights advocacy, from their beginnings to the current challenges of international cooperation. The impact of shrinking democratic spaces on the missions of human rights organizations and the place of the next generation in their projects will also be discussed.
- Chantal Van Cutsem, Lawyers Without Borders Belgium executive director
- Pascal Paradis, Lawyers Without Borders Canada executive director
- Mathilde Doucet, PhD sutdent, Faculty of Law, Université Laval and intern at LWBC
- Virginie Lefèbvre, research professional in charge of the Clinique de droit international pénal et humanitaire
- Florian Manuch, PhD sutdent, Faculty of Law, Université Laval
Organized in collaboration with:
- Clinique de droit international pénal et humanitaire
- Chaire de recherche du Canada sur la justice internationale pénale et les droits fondamentaux
- Canadian Partnership for international justice
- Lawyers Without Borders Canada
- Lawyers Without Borders Belgium
Time: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Location: Room 2419, Charles-De Koninck Building
Registration Required – Registration Form