This year again, the Canadian Partnership for International Justice (CPIJ) sponsors 2 students’ attendance to the Siracusa International Institute for Criminal Justice and Human Rights’ Specialization Course in International Criminal Law for Young Penalists. The 20th edition of this world-renowned course, themed “Human Rights, Criminal Justice and International Law”, will take place online from July 5 to 9, 2021. The program is available here. It should be noted that the course is in English.
Nature of the funding
Selected students will be funded to cover the registration fee to attend the course.
To apply, candidates should complete both of the following steps before May 30, 2021:
- First, applicants should apply directly to the Siracusa Institute through the online application form;
- Second, applicants should fill the following form to seek CPIJ funding.
- The application must include the applicant’s resume, transcripts as well as a motivation letter explaining how the application meets the evaluation criteria listed below.
- Link between the applicant and a team member or organization involved in the Partnership;
- Link between the course and the field of study, the professional goals and the other academic/scientific activities of the applicant;
- Fluency in English;
- Previous funding received from CPIJ: priority is given to applicants who have never received funding from the Partnership;
Selected students will be informed promptly after the deadline of May 30, 2021.