This year again, the Canadian Partnership for International Justice (CPIJ) sponsors 2 to 3 students’ attendance to the Siracusa International Institute for Criminal Justice and Human Rights’ Specialization Course in International Criminal Law for Young Penalists. The 19th edition of this world-renowned course, themed “Human Rights and Criminal Justice”, will take place from June 2 to 10, 2019, in Siracusa (Italy). The program is available here. It should be noted that the course is in English.
Nature of the funding
Selected students can claim funding for the following admissible expenses:
- Transportation (e.g. plane, train or bus ticket, gasoline receipts);
- Registration to the course.
To apply, candidates should complete both of the following steps before March 31st, 2019:
- First, applicants should apply directly to the Siracusa Institute through the online application form;
- Second, applicants should fill the following form to seek CPIJ funding.
- The application must include the applicant’s resume, transcripts, passport copy as well as a motivation letter explaining how the application meets the evaluation criteria listed below.
- Link between the applicant and a team member or organization involved in the Partnership;
- Link between the course and the field of study, the professional goals and the other academic/scientific activities of the applicant;
- Fluency in English;
- Previous funding received from CPIJ: priority is given to applicants who have never received funding from the Partnership;
Selected students will be informed promptly after the deadline of March 31st, 2019.
 An expense is admissible when it complies with the administrative requirements of the Social Science and Humanities Research Council of Canada (SSHRC) and of CPIJ’s host institution, Université Laval (www.sf.ulaval.ca). CPIJ could refuse to reimburse an expense that is not admissible or that subsequently becomes inadmissible after CPIJ initially accepted to fund the project. It is the student’s responsibility to verify the admissibility of the expenses. It is strongly encouraged to have all planned expenses pre-approved by CPIJ. Additional information can be provided on demand.